Friday, August 19, 2011

A letter from Daddy.

Lilianna,



You were born at 3 pounds 6 ounces, and I want you to know that you are the strongest person I have ever met. Six months ago, your mother and I got the news that every parent fears the most. We learned that your time on earth would not be long, and that it would be a miracle if you were to make it full term- and if you did, we would only have moments to minutes with you. The days, weeks, and months went by with doctor after doctor simply amazed at how your heart continued to fight. On August 12th I was proud to announce the birth of my 3rd daughter, Lilianna Rose Walker, delivered full term. I am so proud of you. As the nurses brought you to us, your mother and I were prepared to say good-bye to you. What we didn't realize was being delivered full term was only Part 1 of God's plan. As the moments and minutes past, you laid comfortably in your mothers arm. The minutes turned into an hour and you got to meet your sisters and grand-parents. They love you so much. You lived for 14 and a half hours. Fourteen times the amount expected. Every doctor was telling us there was no explanation for how you could live this long. They were wrong. There is only one explanation. God opened the heavens and came down and breathed life into you, and you showed the strength of the Lord in every breath you took. I am so proud of you.



It breaks my heart that your mother and I will not be able to watch you grow up, watch you play with your sisters, or watch your grand-parents spoil you to no end. As I sit here and mourn, I find solace that on August 13th at 0230 you received the greatest gift of all. As you left this world in your mothers arms, you said hello to our Father in Heaven. You are free Lilianna Rose. By the grace of God you are free.



I will be with you soon baby. Until then, you can live in a hole in my heart and soul that will always be for you. I love you so much, this is not good-bye.




Love,

Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am crying as I read this. You and Dale are so strong. Only by the grace of God. I love you so much Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to comfort your beautiful family. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet! How I wish I could have helped celebrate sweet Lilianna's life with you guys, but I was with you in prayer - rejoicing in the time you had with her! I will continue to pray for your family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete